Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New Mommy Essentials Series- Nursing Wear

Yes the breasts. Never in my life have I paid so much attention to them!
I made the decision to exclusively breastfeed my baby. To set myself up for success, I made sure to find the most effective way in doing so. Hence let me introduce you to my favorite nursing wear:

1. The clip on bra
Gillian&Omalley Women's Nursing Comfort Sleep Bra
(Target, small-XXXL, $16.99)

In the last month of my pregnancy I bought three different nursing bras. They look great on me, and the slight padding gives me a really nice boost. However, they currently sit on display in my lingerie drawers. I can't stand wearing them! Of course, I tried them on at the time of purchase, but with frequent use, I fell engorged everytime I wear them. What a big purchase regret they are!
Instead I really enjoy the Gillian&Omalley comfort sleep bra. It is soft and practical. Made from 100% cotton and 5% spandex in the sling, this bra comes in dark teal, white/black, ivory, blue and gray. The price ($16.99) is a steal compared to my three $34.99-$54.99 nursing bras I don't wear. I am a 34C and wear a M/M. If you are like me and can't stand padding or wires, give this a try. 


2. The basic cami
Favorite Scoop/V-Neck Cami
(Forever 21, xsmall- xlarge, $1.80)

Before my delivery, I also bought two nursing camis. But two weren't enough to keep up with the spit ups, laundry day etc., and I could not bring myself to buying more. They are at least $19.99 on sale at Destination Maternity. So I found a solution: wear two different tops. Therefore, when I breastfeed, I gently lift the top shirt up to my breasts, while I pull down on the top that sits under to expose one of my breasts. 

In case this sounds too confusing: 
(wearing Candies top from Kohls, Forever 21 scoop neck Cami in ivory and Gillian&Omally nursing bra in their ivory version called Mochaccino). 

This way, not only do I keep my belly covered, but also wear pieces from my regular wardrobe. Best of both worlds! 
Any basic cami will do. Worthy of a mention are the Forever 21 ones. They are super stretchy, run in over twenty colors and dirty cheap, only $1.80.

I hope you find this helpful!

AdraKP

No comments:

Post a Comment